BayCare Clinic Neurological Surgeons offers comprehensive care for conditions of the brain, spine and nerves
Our brain, spine and nerve specialists are part of the most comprehensive neurological surgery team in northeastern Wisconsin and Upper Michigan. Our neurosurgeons work with a team of specialists to offer comprehensive care for conditions of the brain, spine and nerves.
Expert care is available 24 hours a day for medical emergencies, which include trauma, stroke or aneurysm.
We take pride in being the region’s longest-practicing neurological surgery team, combining more than 120 years of experience with innovative medical technology.
Aurora BayCare Medical Center in Green Bay is the first certified Comprehensive Stroke Center in northeastern Wisconsin and Upper Michigan. That certification recognizes the most advanced stroke treatment available and the stroke center’s ability to provide the highest level of care for stroke patients. The Telestroke Program extends the stroke center’s reach. Patients can consult with an acute stroke specialist via face-to-face video chat and can receive treatment recommendations sooner.
We also were the first neurosurgery team in the region to offer:
- Certified Spine Surgery Program
- Interventional neurologist on staff
- Vagal nerve stimulation
- Preoperative embolization of a brain tumor
- Minimally invasive spinal fusion and artificial disc replacement to treat degenerative disc disease
What conditions are treated by BayCare Clinic Neurological Surgeons?
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Disc herniations, spinal stenosis and spinal instability
- Head injuries, traumatic brain injuries and spinal injuries
- Brain tumors
- Cerebrovascular disease of the brain (cerebral aneurysm)
- Spinal injuries and fractures
What specific procedures does BayCare Clinic Neurological Surgeons offer?
- Lumbar laminectomy
- Decompressive spinal surgery
- Spinal fusion
- Total disc replacement
- Image-guided brain surgery
- Stereotactic radiosurgery
- Shunting for hydrocephalus
- Deep brain stimulation for Parkinson’s disease or essential tremor
- Release of compressed nerves in extremities
- Brain aneurysm coiling or clipping
- SI joint fusion
How do I get an appointment with a neurosurgeon?
People seeing BayCare Clinic neurosurgeons for the first time must have a referral. Your primary care physician or medical provider will send that referral to our office. Our staff will contact you to schedule your first appointment.
Related Medical Services