Aurora BayCare General & Vascular Surgery offers precise robotic-assisted surgery for a wide variety of medical conditions.
- Adrenal gland removal, or adrenalectomy
- Gall bladder removal, or cholecystectomy
- Single-site cholecystectomy
- Full or partial pancreas removal, or pancreatectomy
- Full or partial stomach removal, or gastrectomy
- GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease) treatment and hiatal hernia repair, or Nissen fundoplication
- Spleen removal, or splenectomy
- Heller myotomy
- Colon and rectal surgery
- Hernia repair: Inguinal hernia, ventral hernia, umbilical hernia
- Weight-loss surgery: Roux-en-Y, gastric sleeve
Robotic-assisted surgery is often preferred when surgery is intricate or complex. It allows surgeons to make smaller incisions and be more precise. Magnified, high-resolution 3D images help surgeons better visualize the treatment area and give them more control over procedures. Members of our team have been performing robotic-assisted surgeries for more than a decade.
Studies show robotic-assisted surgery provides patient outcomes that are equal to or better than open surgery.
The benefits include:
- Shorter recovery time
- Shorter hospital stays
- Significantly less pain
- Less bleeding and scarring
- Reduced risk of infection or other complications