The Vascular Specialists at Aurora BayCare
Our Collaborative Team
The Vascular Specialists at Aurora BayCare offer a multidisciplinary approach to treat people with most types of vascular diseases. Our goal is to help people be free from vascular disease, which diminishes quality of life and can be life-threatening.
The Vascular Specialists at Aurora BayCare bring together vascular surgeons, interventional cardiologists, interventional radiologists, an interventional neurologist and an endovascular neurosurgeon. Together, they offer a unified and comprehensive approach to vascular care.
The Vascular Specialists at Aurora BayCare are the only collaborative vascular team of providers in northeastern Wisconsin. Many of the vascular procedures they perform are minimally invasive.
Common Vascular Conditions
Conditions most often treated by The Vascular Specialists at Aurora BayCare include, but are not limited to:
- Renal failure, requiring dialysis access surgery
- Peripheral artery disease, indicated by claudication symptoms, rest pain and/or foot wounds that don’t heal
- Carotid disease, which can be asymptomatic or present with stroke or TIA
- Varicose veins or venous reflux, indicated by heavy, achy legs with large varicosities
- Arteriovenous malformations and fistulas of the brain and spine
Common Surgeries and Procedures
Procedures most frequently performed by The Vascular Specialists at Aurora BayCare include, but are not limited to:
- Dialysis access surgeries
- Catheter-based angioplasty, angiograms and stenting
- Vein ablation and stab phlebectomy
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Lower extremity bypasses
- Aneurysm repair
- Cerebral angiograms
- Endovascular stroke interventions
Freedom from vascular disease
Many people know the health risks posed by heart disease, often caused by blockages in the arteries that feed the heart. However, few people are aware that serious health risks also stem from blockages caused by cholesterol and plaque buildup in arteries throughout the body, beyond the heart.
The Vascular Specialists at Aurora BayCare are committed to providing the highest quality of care to people with vascular disease. Our team of highly skilled vascular surgeons and proceduralists, with state-of-the-art imaging technology produces the areas only comprehensive vascular program.