There’s still time to register for the Century
Mon, May 22, 2017
Registration is still open for the BayCare Clinic Century Bayshore to Lakeshore.
The non-competitive cycling event is 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Saturday, June 3. It offers 20-, 60-, and 100-mile courses. It’s sponsored by the BayCare Clinic Foundation and is part of the BayCare Clinic Bikes community wellness initiative, which promotes bicycling as a healthy, family-friendly and safe activity.
The Century is open to participants of all ability levels, from serious cyclists to casual riders looking for a fun, healthy, family event.
The ride starts and ends at BayCare Clinic’s corporate headquarters at 1035 Kepler Drive in the I-43 Business Park on Green Bay’s far east side. Participants will ride through scenic farmscapes, gently rolling hills and shoreline vistas in parts of Brown, Kewaunee and Door counties.
Riders are encouraged to enjoy all the courses have to offer, including tourist attractions like Heritage Park in Algoma, Country Ovens in Forestville and Parallel 44 Vineyard & Winery in Stangelville.
These attractions offer rest stops with snacks and beverages to keep riders fueled and refreshed. Depending on the rest stop or course, snacks may include trail mix, bananas, orange slices, bite-sized sandwiches, Gu gel packets or kolaches. Drinks may include coffee, Gatorade or water.
To have a good ride-day experience, keep the following in mind:
- Helmet use is required. BayCare Clinic’s community wellness initiative, BayCare Clinic Bikes, promotes bicycling as a healthy, family-friendly and safe activity. Helmet use when biking is a large part of our advocacy.
- Any type of bicycle may be used. However, make sure your bike is in good working condition.
- Bring along things that make sense, but don’t overburden yourself. We suggest bringing a bike pump and water bottle.
- In case of inclement weather, bring a light jacket.
- There will be SAG (support and gear) vehicles on the courses. These vehicles can redirect you if you are lost or can bring you back to the start/finish line if necessary.
To register, go to baycarecentury.com, click on the registration link and follow the instructions. Registration fees are $50, but increase to $60 on ride day. Children 12 and under are free when accompanied by a registered rider.
Registered riders will receive a short-sleeved tech shirt, a commemorative glass, access to rest stops, food and beverages at rest stops, and a post-ride meal voucher.
About BayCare Clinic
BayCare Clinic, baycare.net, is the largest physician-owned specialty-care clinic in Northeast Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. With its 100-plus physicians, BayCare Clinic offers expertise in more than 20 specialties, serving clinical locations in 13 regional communities. Based in Green Bay, Wis., BayCare Clinic is a joint partner in Aurora BayCare Medical Center.
About BayCare Clinic Bikes
BayCare Clinic Bikes promotes bicycling as a healthy, family-friendly activity. Efforts are aimed toward increasing bicycling and advocating for bicycling safety throughout northeast Wisconsin.