BayCare Clinic Foundation awards scholarships to eight
Mon, May 9, 2016
GREEN BAY – Eight local students in pursuit of a career in healthcare will receive financial support to reduce their schooling costs thanks to $16,000 in scholarships from the BayCare Clinic Foundation.
The scholarships, courtesy of the BayCare Clinic Foundation Healthcare Scholarship Program, provide merit-based financial support to area scholars looking to advance their healthcare education. Students applied for the scholarships in April. Each student will be awarded a $2,000 scholarship. This year’s recipients are:
- Berenice Guerrero Vazquez – Green Bay East High School
- Jared Roznowski – Preble High School
- Sheridan Michaud – Preble High School
- Cassandra Metzler – Southwest High School
- Kylie Swiekatowski – De Pere High School
- Samantha Keepers – Rasmussen College
- Mikaela Sullivan – Bay Port High School
- Angela Smet – University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
Since 2002, the BayCare Clinic Foundation has distributed 213 healthcare education scholarships valued at $238,000.
About BayCare Clinic Foundation
BayCare Clinic Foundation is the philanthropic arm of BayCare Clinic, LLP. Its mission is to promote the health and well-being of Northeast Wisconsin residents. BayCare Clinic, www.baycare.net, is the largest physician-owned specialty-care clinic in Northeast Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. With its 100-plus physicians, BayCare Clinic offers expertise in more than 20 specialties, serving clinical locations in 13 regional communities. Based in Green Bay, Wis., BayCare Clinic is a joint partner in Aurora BayCare Medical Center.