BayCare Clinic Century rest stops finalized, sponsors added
Tue, Mar 14, 2017
Here are some updates to whet your appetite for the 2017 BayCare Clinic Century Bayshore to Lakeshore, a new cycling tour scheduled for Saturday, June 3:
Take a break
Rest stops along the course are set. They are:
- Rest Stop 1: Communiversity Park, Green Bay (sponsored by Cellcom)
- Rest Stop 2: Red River Town Hall, Red River (sponsored by Wonder Sign)
- Rest Stop 3: Country Ovens, Forestville (sponsored by Strategic Financial Group)
- Rest Stop 4: Heritage Park, Algoma (sponsored by Insight Creative)
- Rest Stop 5: Father Marquette Memorial Park, Kewaunee (sponsored by Wonder Sign)
- Rest Stop 6: Parallel 44 Vineyard & Winery, Stangelville (sponsored by Ganther Construction)
There also will be a water stop about 10 miles from the finish line.
Sign up now
Registration is open. The fee is $50 through June 2. It’ll cost $60 on race day.
It’s easy to sign up. Go to baycarecentury.com, click the registration link and follow the instructions. If you can’t ride with us, we also need volunteers. Just click the Volunteer link and select the opportunity that interests you.
Sponsors are stepping up to support the Baycare Clinic Century Bayshore to Lakeshore. Here’s the latest:
- Titletown Brewery will provide post-ride beverages
- Elite Group will provide a Paceline ($1,000 in-kind) sponsorship
- Emmons Business Interiors also is a Paceline ($1,000 in-kind) sponsor
About the ride
The BayCare Clinic Century Bayshore to Lakeshore will take place from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, June 3. It’s sponsored by the BayCare Clinic Foundation. It offers cyclists a 20-, 60-, or 100-mile course.
The non-competitive ride will start and end at BayCare Clinic’s new corporate headquarters at 1035 Kepler Drive in the I-43 Business Park on Green Bay’s far east side. It’s part of the health organization’s BayCare Clinic Bikes community wellness initiative.
Participants will enjoy a ride through scenic farmscapes, gently rolling hills and shoreline vistas as they pedal through Brown, Kewaunee and Door counties.
- The 20-mile course: This route takes riders through a scenic parkway, then heads northeast along the waters of Green Bay before turning to the southwest at a beloved county park and returning to Green Bay.
- The 60-mile course: This route also begins with a long stretch northeast along the waters of Green Bay, then turns south through the scenic terrain of western Kewaunee County before returning to Green Bay.
- The 100-mile course: This ride begins with a long stretch northeast along the waters of Green Bay, then east across the scenic terrain of Door and Kewaunee counties on the way to Algoma. From there, Lake Michigan will be on the riders’ left as they head south to Kewaunee. Then it’s west across the scenic terrain of Kewaunee and Brown counties before returning to Green Bay.
The proceeds go to …
All proceeds from the ride will benefit the BayCare Clinic Foundation, which supports causes and organizations that promote improved health and wellness in northeastern Wisconsin.
Check back soon
Stay tuned for more news and notes or visit us at baycarecentury.com.
About BayCare Clinic
BayCare Clinic, baycare.net, is the largest physician-owned specialty-care clinic in Northeast Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. With its 100-plus physicians, BayCare Clinic offers expertise in more than 20 specialties, serving clinical locations in 13 regional communities. Based in Green Bay, Wis., BayCare Clinic is a joint partner in Aurora BayCare Medical Center.
About BayCare Clinic Bikes
BayCare Clinic Bikes promotes bicycling as a healthy, family-friendly activity. Efforts are aimed toward increasing bicycling and advocating for bicycling safety throughout northeast Wisconsin.
About BayCare Clinic Foundation
Established in 2000, the BayCare Clinic Foundation was created to promote the health and well-being of Northeast Wisconsin residents, with an emphasis on supporting the educational efforts within the healthcare sector.