Full Mouth Restoration
What is full mouth restoration?
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons BayCare Clinic is a partner in offering full mouth restoration. That’s a way to get a new mouth, a new smile and new teeth in a day. The full mouth restoration procedure improves the function of the mouth and provides an aesthetically pleasing smile.
Full mouth restoration consists of a series of procedures including:
In some cases, full mouth restoration can be done in a single day, depending on the scope of the procedures.
Why have full mouth restoration in one day?
Some people like the convenience of having all the work done in one day. They like the minimal time commitment. It’s easier to manage. There’s less time away from work or home. People who are uneasy about having the procedure find it easier to have everything done on a single day.
Why have full mouth restoration?
People seeking full mouth restoration may have issues that include, but are not limited to:
- They don’t like their smile or the look of their mouth.
- Damaged or lost teeth.
- Teeth that are breaking down.
- Teeth that have caused or are causing problems.
- Failed root canal procedures.
What is the full mouth restoration process?
Our oral surgeons take a team approach to full mouth restoration. Each person’s case is different, but many follow this path:
- A general dentist or prosthodontist recommends extracting some or all teeth and provides a referral to one of our oral surgeons to fabricate the new teeth.
- A consultation follows with one of our oral surgeons and a prosthodontist, who is an expert in restoring and replacing teeth. This team creates a surgery plan and designs the new teeth – the needed dental implants and prosthetics.
- An oral surgeon extracts teeth and prepares the mouth for dental implants.
- A prosthodontist completes full mouth restoration by placing the new dental prosthetics. It’s a new mouth, a new smile and new teeth in one day.