Sheena’s secret to glowing skin
Friday, February 28, 2020
Sheena Wagner, medical aesthetician at Plastic Surgery and Skin Specialists by BayCare Clinic, has great skin. Now, you might assume she has great skin because she has untethered access to a variety of state-of-the-art skin care treatments, procedures and products, but you’d be wrong.
Wagner (and most other skincare professionals) will tell you, she has great skin because she puts in the work.
“A great skincare regimen is key to healthy-looking skin,” Wagner says. “It takes some work, especially as you’re just beginning to not only find what works, but also to make it a real habit.”
We asked Wagner what that skincare routine looks like.
Like anyone, she adjusts for changes in her skin or the occasional acne flare up, but mostly her routine remains the same.
- Cleanse – “I like to start the morning with an energizing facewash, it wakes me up and gets me ready to start my day,” she says. Wagner’s current favorite is Revision Skincare’s Papaya Enzyme Cleanser- it helps exfoliate dead skin cells and leaves her skin feeling soft and balanced.
- Vitamin C – Applying a Vitamin C serum each morning can help brighten and hydrate dull skin to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, she says.
- DEJ Eye/DEJ Face – A few years ago, Wagner started adding Revision Skincare’s DEJ eye cream and DEJ face cream to her morning regimen. “I had always used a moisturizer, but a few years ago I noticed my skin was becoming extremely dry, and I had started to notice a few small wrinkles around my eyes and lips,” she says. “These products help my skin attract and retain moisture and have actually helped reduce the appearance of those fine lines and wrinkles I had started to notice.”
- Sunscreen: Wagner finishes her morning routine with Revision’s Intellishade® Original.
“It’s tinted so it gives me just the right amount of color, but more importantly it’s also an SPF 45 sun protection,” Wagner says. “The sun is so damaging to our skin. I recommend wearing sunscreen everyday – even in the winter.”
At night, Wagner’s regimen is the same, but she skips the sunscreen and adds a hydrating serum.
- Vitamin C
- Hydrating Serum – Wagner uses Revision Skincare’s Hydrating Serum to give her skin an added boost of moisture before bed. “It has two forms of hyaluronic acid – which is found naturally in our bodies. I use it at night because it doesn’t leave my skin feeling tight or sticky.”
- DEJ Eye
- DEJ Night – Wagner finishes her night time regimen with Revision Skincare’s night time moisturizer, which contains retinol and is time-released. “It’s specifically formulated to work while you sleep, and helps support short- and long-term skin health,” she says.
Midwest winters do wreak havoc on our skin, and Wagner’s is no different. Outside of her normal skincare routine, she does take advantage of the customized facials and skin peels available at Plastic Surgery & Skin Specialists by BayCare Clinic.
“Occasionally we just need a little boost,” she says. “Every few weeks I’ll do an exfoliating facial or a microdermabrasion. I’ve even taken advantage of the HydraFacial® treatment which combines those procedures with an intense hydrating component- which is great for any time of year.”
Plastic Surgery & Skin Specialists by BayCare Clinic carries a full line of Revision Skincare, Latisse, Grande Cosmetics and SkinMedica products. The aesthetics team can assist in finding the right product for you and your skin concerns, says Wagner.
Sheena Wagner is a medical aesthetician at Plastic Surgery & Skin Specialists by BayCare Clinic. She sees patients in Green Bay, Wisconsin.