Do I really need an annual mammogram
Monday, September 21, 2015
Do you need another reason to get your annual mammogram? Here are the top reasons to get your yearly mammogram – or to encourage a favorite lady in your life to get her screening.
- Because 75% of women diagnosed with the disease have no family history of breast cancer.
- After skin cancer, breast cancer is the most common cancer with U.S. women.
- A mammogram is the gold standard for early breast cancer diagnosis.
- It’s quick! Although we admit it may be an uncomfortable chore, the life-saving test takes about 20 minutes of your day. That’s 1.3% of your day, once a year.
- Regular mammograms give your physician a baseline to compare the subsequent mammograms.
- One in eight women will develop breast cancer during their life.
- Ignorance is not bliss! A woman’s risk increases each year you age.
- Your friends and family will follow. You’re setting the standard of healthy living for your loved ones.
Do you know someone that should see this? We have provided a FREE printable document to remind you, and others, why mammograms are so important. Email this to your circle of friends and print it out for your fridge or office!