BayCare Clinic Foundation Healthcare Scholarship
The BayCare Clinic Foundation HealthCare Scholarship program is designed to assist area students pursuing advanced education in the healthcare sector. By doing so, it is the hope of BayCare Clinic’s physician specialists that more qualified healthcare workers will be available to provide needed services to the community.
This program is designed to provide financial assistance of $2,000 to:
- Graduating high school seniors for their first year of advanced education in the healthcare field. Seniors attending these high schools are eligible: Ashwaubenon, Bay Port, Denmark, De Pere, Green Bay East, Green Bay Preble, Green Bay Southwest, Green Bay West, Luxemburg-Casco, N.E.W. Lutheran, Notre Dame Academy, Pulaski, West De Pere and Wrightstown. These seniors must be accepted into a fully accredited college, university or technical college and must be enrolled with a minimum of 12 credits per semester.
- Bellin College, Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Rasmussen College or University of Wisconsin-Green Bay students who have completed one year of healthcare-related studies, or students who are enrolled or accepted for the next term at those schools.
(Children of any partner, member, director, manager, officer or employee of BayCare Clinic, LLP, BayCare Health Systems, LLC, and BayCare Clinic Foundation are not eligible to apply.)
BayCare Clinic Foundation is the philanthropic arm of BayCare Clinic, LLP. Its mission is to promote the health and well-being of Northeast Wisconsin residents.
BayCare Clinic, baycare.net, is the largest physician-owned specialty-care clinic in northeastern Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. With its 100-plus physicians, BayCare Clinic offers expertise in more than 20 specialties, serving clinical locations in 13 regional communities. Based in Green Bay, Wis., BayCare Clinic is a joint partner in Aurora BayCare Medical Center.
The BayCare Clinic Foundation Healthcare Scholarship is awarded on the following criteria:
- Commitment to pursuing a career in the healthcare field.
- Acceptance and attendance into an accredited program of higher learning, leading to a degree in a healthcare field.
- Academic excellence as evidenced by class rank, preparatory academic program for a healthcare career and the recommendation of current faculty and/or instructors.
- Desirable personal character.
- Extra-curricular activities, especially community involvement and leadership.
- Applicant’s statement of educational goals and desires.
- Applicant’s ability to fully complete the application process.
- Financial need.
All information is confidential.
Scholarship recipients will be acknowledged and will receive an award letter at graduation or award ceremonies.
Students awarded scholarships should plan to use them first in the fall semester. Before scholarship funds are disbursed to the school, you must show proof of enrollment for that semester. For the second semester, you must submit your transcript for the first semester.
The first half of the scholarship will be mailed to the college or university in the fall. The second half will be mailed to the college or university in the spring.
Scholarships may be held in abeyance for up to one year for good cause and with approval of the BayCare Clinic Foundation Board of Directors.
Please submit your application prior to midnight on April 1st, 2018.
164 N. Broadway Green Bay, WI 54303