Integrative Lifestyle Medicine
Click here to request an appointment with Dr. Wagner.
Click here for information on Dr. Wagner’s programs.
BayCare Clinic offers a unique option for patients looking for a different kind of patient care. Integrative Lifestyle Medicine is a patient care philosophy designed to treat the whole person – mind, body and spirit – not just your disease or illness.
Integrative Lifestyle Medicine is different
To best understand the concept of Integrative Lifestyle Medicine, see it as taking one step beyond conventional Western medicine. In addition to normal patient care, Integrative Lifestyle Medicine explores treatment recommendations that go above and beyond standard care. That means modalities such as these may be included in your treatment plan:
- Dietary coaching and instruction
- Fitness assessments and recommendations
- Sleep counseling
- Mood and emotional health counseling
- Assessment of social support and relationship health
- Life purpose coaching
- Spirituality assessments
- Stress reduction techniques
- Herbal medicines/supplements
BayCare Clinic’s Integrative Lifestyle Medicine expert is Dr. Lynn Wagner. She is fellowship trained in Integrative Medicine and offers this increasingly popular approach to healthcare to patients in Northeast Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula. Her extensive training and practice gives her the essential knowledge required to merge traditional and non-traditional realms of treatment into one comprehensive model of care.
Integrative Lifestyle Medicine is appropriate for any patient wanting to explore their healthcare options beyond conventional Western Medicine. It is useful for people with chronic conditions including, but not limited to:
- Crohn’s disease
In addition, it is beneficial for healthy patients looking to optimize their overall health and wellness.
Guided by principles
A set of defining principles guides the practice of Integrative Lifestyle Medicine:
1. Patient and practitioner are partners in the healing process
2. All factors that influence health, wellness and disease are taken into consideration; including mind, spirit, and community as well as the body
3. Appropriate use of both conventional and alternative methods facilitates the body’s innate healing response
4. Effective interventions that are natural and less invasive should be used whenever possible
5. Integrative medicine neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically
6. Good medicine is based in good science. It is inquiry-driven and open to new paradigms
7. Alongside the concept of treatment, the broader concepts of health promotion and the prevention of illness are paramount
8. Practitioners of integrative medicine should exemplify its principles and commit themselves to self-exploration and self-development
For your convenience, click here to request an appointment online.